Wow! I was lucky enough to snag an interview with the Mod Ghoul, Horror Host Extraordinaire! Needless to say, it was quite exciting! He welcomed me into his crypt, which I must say was *lovely*, and I enjoyed gaining some insight straight from the Ghoul who knows best!
1. First of all, I’d like to get a little background on the Mod Ghoul. How did you become a ghoul, and where did you pick up that lovely accent?
The ghoul just seemed like a neat little thing to be and I chose to make him a combination of two of my favorite things. Horror and The Who. I played with the name The Mad Ghoul, which is a great old movie with George Zucco. I changed Mad to Mod which is my homage to The Who and the whole Mod scene that the band came out of. The accent came with that Mod persona. Mod’s were a youth subculture in Britain in the 60s and The Who came out of that scene. So the Mod Ghoul is a kind of Quadrophenia meets Dracula.
2. How old are you?
3. I noticed you have an interesting list of musical LIKES on Facebook. What are some of your favourites?
The Who of course but also the punk/new wave scene of the 80s. Bands like The Clash, The Jam, XTC, The Damned and The Sex Pistols.
4. What are some of the things the Mod Ghoul can’t live without?
Meat, snacks like Ring Dings and Moon Pies, music and a good horror movie.
5. What are some of your goals? International super stardom? Global takeover, perhaps?
I just want to continue to do my show and entertain all you lovely people. Who knows where this will go.
6. What type of diet must a ghoul follow to stay healthy?
Meat and junk food
7. LIST FIVE HORROR FLICKS THAT EVERYONE JUST *HAS* TO SEE!
Night Of The Living Dead
8 What is your favourite horror movie of all time?
There are so many that I love but if I had to pick just one it would have to be Horror Hotel. Grew up with that one and it still has such a creepy feel to it. Of course The Wolfman has a soft spot with me since that was the first horror movie I ever saw.
9. Is there anything that scares you?
Heights and religious judgmental people. Judgmental people in any walk of life.
10. I’m sure the life of a ghoul is pretty busy. What do you do to unwind?
I just crank up the tunes, sit back with a cold beverage and jam. Don’t think of anything. Well, I’m always thinking of the next show but still…
11. Are there any current or future projects that you’re working on that you could tell us about?
Always thinking. Look out for me mate Ewan MacDaddy, Scottish rapper. He will be popping up here and there.
I want to give the Mod Ghoul a *HUGE* thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I had so much fun! Great things lie ahead of him!
Don’t forget to check out his Facebook page:
You can find the videos of His Ghoulishness right here:
To chat with fellow horror fans, you can join the good folks at Tinger TV (hosted by the Mod Ghoul himself!):
Take a peek at Weird Web Theater, created by A. Ghastlee Ghoul and the Mod Ghoul, another great place for all of you horror fans to hang out.